Monday, October 8, 2007

Waiting On A Computer That’s Barbaric!

Waiting On A Computer That’s Barbaric!

Erkki Huhtamo’s article From Cybernation to Interaction is a reflection of where computers have come. It is funny now a days to think that at one point in our history we would wait around a room sized computer waiting for it to compute a simple operation. But wait this wasn’t five thousand years ago, heck it was barely fifty. It never seems to amaze me how far the computer and technology business has come. Yet at the same with the turnaround on new technology today its almost scary that we can only see these computers as something out of classic sci-fi.

Also another thing is the speed at which computers can now work. I remember when I first got internet at my house how it was a good thing if you could go to three or four websites in an hour. Today if I am forced to use dial up anywhere, I sit contemplating the best way to destroy the computer. In my mind that someone would wait for a day just to have the machine compute two plus two is beyond my comprehension, I just can’t conceive it. But that’s technology, and I am sure in 10 years people will think the way we used computers is barbaric.

No comments: