Thursday, October 18, 2007

New Media News???

New Media News???

While looking at Rhizome.org, I couldn’t help but feel like I was looking at a paper dedicated directly to new media. Not so much in the technology aspect of it, but in the art aspect. As you scroll down the main page, I see things such as recent news relating to New Media, community news, and short articles based on media related subjects. Links at the top of the site includes projects that they are working on like the new media museum or correction the “New Museum of Contemporary Art” in lower Manhattan. They also have a children’s program for introducing them to new media. They even have an art base containing hundreds of new media art pieces. I think that it is great that this site exists and I am excited about what it means to have an online community based solely on New Media Culture.

No comments: